September 13th is Programmer’s Day – which, although started by President Dmitry Medvedev of Russia in 2009 to honour computer programmers, it is now internationally recognised ( we hope)!
And what better way to celebrate than with a hearty dose of programmer humour?
In the world of coding, laughter truly is the best debugging tool, and we’ve got a collection of 10 of the best programming jokes and memes to tickle your funny bone (or to roll your eyes to).
Let’s kick things off with this classic as we are approaching both of these holidays!
1. Why do programmers always mix up Christmas and Halloween?
Because Oct 31 == Dec 25
If you’re scratching your head, don’t worry—it’s just a reminder that programmers have a unique way of looking at dates.
2. Why do Java developers wear glasses?
Because they don’t C#
Or an alternative response, with a sprinkle of Gen-Z attitude…
3. How many developers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. It’s a hardware problem
4. Why did the Java developer quit his job?
Because he didn’t get arrays.
5. Can you recommend a good programming book for beginners?
Here you go – “That Art of Searching on Google”
6. Software developers like to solve problems. If there are no problems available, they will create their own problems.
7. There’s no rest for the wicked…
Are we right developers? Or are we right?
8. What does a Software Engineer do?
9. A programmer’s wife asked her husband, “please would you go down to the shop to get a loaf of bread, and if they have eggs, get a dozen.”
He returns from the shop with 12 loaves of bread. “They had eggs!” he said.
10. How did the computer hackers get away from the scene of the crime?
I think they just ransomware.
Let’s take a moment to appreciate the humour that permeates the coding world. Whether it’s clever wordplay, relatable debugging jokes, or hilarious memes, programmer humour unites us all in the shared joy of creating, debugging, and coding our way through the digital realm.
So, on this special day, let’s raise a toast to all the programmers out there.
May your code be bug-free, your compile times be swift, and your laughter be infectious. Happy National Programmer’s Day!
Let us know your favourite programmer joke below!